Vital Greens makes it easy to get all of your daily servings, without having to prepare and cook any food.
Vital Greens was formulated by two Sydney naturopaths/medical herbalists with a total of 26 years of clinical experience between them. It was created to meet the daily nutritional needs of people living in an imperfect world.
Vital Greens is formulated specifically to assist everybody wanting an energizing, cleansing, alkaline-promoting, all-in-one nutritional supplement. The body’s daily nutritional needs, from A to Z are covered – in one great tasting powder!
What is Vital Greens?
Here’s a brief summary from the manufacturer of what this supplement contains:
Vital Greens contains over 76, all natural ingredients in each serving.
1 serving = 2 scoops.
Take a look at the full list below:
Greens, Vegetables and High Nutrient Fruits
- Organic Apple Powder – 600mg
- Organic Chorella Powder – 333mg
- Organic Kale Sprouts – 100mg
- Organic Wheatgrass Powder – 200mg
- Organic Barley Sprouts – 200mg
- Acerola Fruit extract – 267mg
- Carica Papaya Powder – 250mg
- Organic Broccoli Sprouts – 150mg
- Pineapple Fruit Juice extract – 240mg
- Bilberry Fresh Fruit extract – 200mg
- Rosehip Fruit extract – 167mg
- Red Beet Powder – 167mg
- Carrot Root Powder – 83mg
- Spinach Leaf Powder – 67mg
- Licorice Root Powder – 67mg
- Wolfberry (Goji) Fruit extract – 33mg
- Hawthorne Fruit extract – 29mg
- Kelp Whole Plant Powder – 8mg
- Antioxidant and Immune Support Citric Acid (anhydrous) – 150mg
- R,S Alpha Lipoic Acid – 67mg
- Astragalus Root extract – 67mg
- Grapeseed extract – 67mg
- Green Tea extract – 67mg
- Cocoa Bean Polyphenol extract – 67mg
- Rosemary Leaf extract – 67mg
- Beta Glucans – 50mg
- Reiishi Mushroom Powder – 21mg
- Shiitake Mushroom Powder – 21mg R
- Organic Spirulina – 1000mg
- Esveratrol – 10mg
Digestive Nutrients, Enzymes, Prebiotics and Probiotics
- Globe Artichoke extract – 500mg
- Inulin (FOS prebiotics) – 417mg
- Ginger Rhizome Powder – 67mg
- Bromelain – 65mg
- Aloe Vera Gel – 500mg
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus – 3.0billion
- Bifidobacterium Bifidum – 3.0billion
- Papain (from carica papaya & pineapple)
- Nervous System Support Siberian Ginseng extract – 1000mg
- Lecithin (95% phosphatides) – 725mg
- Organic Flaxseed Powder – 400mg
- Gotu Kola extract – 67mg
- Withania somnifera (Ashwaganda) – 67mg
Additional Vital Vitamins and Minerals
- Citrus bioflavanoid extract – 500mg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) – 333mg
- Calcium (from Calcium citrate 100%) – 130mg
- Potassium(from Potassium phosphate di-basic) – 104mg
- Vitamin E(d-alpha tocopherol succinate) – 100mg
- Magnesium (from Magnesium citrate) – 42mg
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinic acid) – 18mg
- Silica (colloidal anhydrous) – 13.6mg
- Zinc (from Zinc amino acid chelate) – 10mg
- Co-Enzyme Q-10 (Ubidecarenone) – 8mg
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium pantothenate) – 3.5mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) – 3.2mg
- Vitamin B1 (Thaimine hydrochloride) – 2.8mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavine) – 2mg
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) – 2mg
- Pro-vitamin A (Beta-carotene) – 2mg
- Manganese (from Manganese amino acid chelate) – 1.4mg
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin) – 330µg
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) – 300µg
- Copper (from Copper gluconate) – 225µg
- Selenium (from Selenomethionine) – 30µg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) – 28µg
- Chromium (from Chromium picolinate) – 10µg
- Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol) – 2.8µg
Liver Support Herbs
- Rice Bran Powder – 310mg
- Milk Thistle extract – 67mg
- Dandelion Whole Plant extract – 33mg
- Burdock Root extract – 21mg
- Alkaline Vegetable Protein
- 100% Vital Pea Protein Isolate – 927mg
All Natural Base
- Natural Vanilla
- Natural Sweetener Complex (thaumatin, monk fruit, stevia, xantham gum)
Vital Greens Review
How does Vital Greens taste?
Considering how many ingredients this product has, it tastes surprisingly good! Especially because many of these ingredients on their own are extremely bitter.
Now if you’re new to these sort of supplements, it might taste a little funny to you at first. Don’t worry though, it’s an acquired taste that grows on you. Obviously we are drinking it to improve our health, but it’s an added bonus when it actually tastes good as well.
My only complaint on the flavour is that the updated formula is a little too sweet. The old formula was perfect. Hopefully the manufacturers make note of reviews like this one and lighten up the sweetener a bit.
How do I consume Vital Greens?
I typically mix 2 scoops with water and drink it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. However, you can add Vital Greens to a smoothie or juice if you prefer. I’ve even heard of people adding the powder to foods such as oats before.
Vital Greens was created for anyone who is looking for an all-in-one daily food and vitamin supplement that optimizes health, boosts energy, increases brain function and detoxifies.
Instead of getting these benefits from several different supplements, you can have them all in one drink.
Vital Greens is used regularly by people of all professions. Athletes, business professionals, teachers, and everyone in between can benefit from this supplement.
Vital Greens is gluten and wheat free. It’s also easily digestible.
They have a kids formula as well, if you want to make sure your kids aren’t missing out on the fun.
The benefits of Vital Greens
Some people use this product for very specific benefits, while others just want to improve their overall health.
These are the primary benefits provided by Vital Greens:
Vital Greens detoxifies and gently cleanses the colon and liver, while working on nearly every cell in the body. The liver is the body’s main filter organ and it’s important to keep that filter clean. The distinctive combination of ingredients will aid your body in progressively eliminating waste that builds up on the bowel walls and will soften fat, helping to maintain healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
Vital Greens contains various superfoods to help give you more energy, and feel less sluggish. They can also help lower stress. Alkalinity is promoted, which results in feeling radiant and alive!
Vital Greens contains potent antioxidants and adaptogenic herbs that boost stamina, endurance and the immune system. Powerful phyto-nutrients are also included to improve health from the cellular level. There are no less than 2 pro-biotics in Vital Greens.
Mental Acuity Sharpener
Vital Greens contains Lecithin, Rosemary and Co-Enzyme Q-10 which may help increase mental acuity, focus and concentration.
Does Vital Greens have any side effects?
Sounds too good to be true, right? Fortunately this product is completely safe for most people.
However, it should be noted:
- If you are pregnant, nursing or taking medication, you should consult with your doctor before starting any new supplement regimen.
- Herbs may cause transient adverse effects such as nausea, vomiting, and GI distress for some people.
If you have known allergies to plants please use caution:
- Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have any type of acute infection.
What size options are available?
You can buy Vital Greens in a variety of sizes. Each full serving is about 10g.
The following options are available:
- 120g container
- 300g container
- 600g container
- 1Kg container
- 6x120g containers
- 30x10g travel sachets
This product is more affordable and has a simple formula of 6 greens:
- Barley Grass
- Wheat Grass
All of these ingredients are Australian Certified Organic. Plus a kids version.
If you’re on a strict budget, this is a great product to look at. It doesn’t have all the extra benefits, but you still get your daily greens servings covered.
Vital Greens is a great overall health supplement, but it might not be right for everybody.
Below are the pros and cons of Vital Greens, to help you decide for yourself.
- Incredible ingredient profile
- All natural and many ingredients are Organic More convenient to eat and store than whole foods
- Replaces a wide range of health supplements you might already be using
- Taste is good, considering the variety of herbs included
- Taste is a little too sweet with the new formula
- Some people do not respond well to herbs, especially those with known plant allergies
- Price might be an issue for those on a strict budget
All supplements that provide a variety of high quality ingredients are going to be more expensive to produce and have a higher price tag. For me, it's worth the money because I can get all the vitamins and minerals I need (and more) in 1 drink. The travel packs are also a nice substitute when travelling, so you don't have to carry around all your various vitamins and other supplements.